Friday 22 July 2011

Annabel Karmel 20th Anniversary - REVIEW

In the big, wonderful and exhausting world of mummy's, there's a name that sits comfortably with everyone. A lady, who at times of complete confusion when it comes to weaning, manages to spell things out especially for those who lost their brains during pregnancy (er, me!) And that name be Annabel Karmel - I think the title of this post probably gave it away a little while ago!

But for those of you strange beings who are not quite sure of Karmel's wise words, then a little more about her:

Annabel Karmel decided to come up with her own recipes because her first son, Nicholas, was an incredibly fussy eater. So in 1991, she wrote the original Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner, which has since sold over 2 million copies.
Annabel has sold over 3 million books worldwide and her wide range of Annabel Karmel ready meals are sold in numerous top children's attractions, holiday destinations, supermarkets and restaurants all over the country.
Now, she is celebrating her 20th year and has released a special 20th Anniversary edition of her best selling book Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner.

As a first time mum, this book has been a god-send. If you remember, way way back, I admitted that I can't cook. Apart from an amazing spag bol. But other than that, it's James who don's the pinnie!
I love the Plum pouches and Heinz pots for Molly, because they really are packed full of goodness but it's nice to make fresh, nutritious recipes and plus I can't have Molly growing up telling everyone "my mum can't cook!'. The shame.
What I love about the book is that it explains about what Molly can and can't have to begin with, it even has a helpful meal planner diary to really help you with some kind of routine. I started with just first tastes....Broccoli, Carrot, Potato, Banana just so she could get used to different tastes. Fair to say, she has a sweet tooth, or should I say gum! But I am persevering, I want Molly to love a variety of foods!
As of tomorrow, I am progressing to the combined tastes. I have taken my time with Molly, I am in no hurry. I did start weaning at 4 months, purely because of her reflux, and admittedly it has got worse since, but only from her milk - she rarely brings up food.
Now, I am not going to say this too loudly but I am starting to like the domestic goddess life. I like boiling veg, using the blender (that's it so far!) It's not rock 'n'roll but god damn, I like it!
I have decided to cook the following combinations for the next week or so:

  • Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato
  • Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato and Cauliflower
  • Pea and Parsnip












There are various other books in the Annabel Karmel range - I thoroughly recommend this book especially if you are weaning and clueless like myself :-)
Check out all of Annabel's other products at: www.annabelkarmel.com

You can also catch Annabel on CiTV on 'Annabel's Kitchen' every day for cooking with children inspiration.
SHARE:
© MUM & TONIC. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig