Monday 25 July 2011

Water Baby - Review

When we started trying for a baby, I started taking Folic Acid. This advice was given to me by the doctor who said even before I fall pregnant you need to act as if you are. So off I popped to Boots, bought my Folic Acid, took them, fell pregnant and carried on taking them.
But it's not always that straight forward. Without undermining the youth of our nation as I am sure many do know the importance of Folic Acid, however an unplanned pregnancy or the lack of knowledge surrounding the importance of taking Folic Acid can lead to serious birth defects. Did you know that only 7% of people in the US knew the importance of taking Folic Acid before falling pregnant. But taking Folic Acid before AND during pregnancy will reduce the risk that the baby will be born with a serious neural tube defect by up to 70%.

The most common neural spine defect is Spina Bifida, Anencephaly (severe underdevelopment of the brain). All these defects occur in the first 28 days of pregnancy usually before a woman knows she is pregnant.

That's why WaterBaby water is a fabulous and new way of taking Folic Acid.


WaterBaby is an everyday water drink packed with the recommended daily intake of Folic Acid and a blend of vitamins including zinc and calcium.
The thing I LOVE about this idea, is that not only do you get the recommended dose of Folic Acid but you also remain hydrated, which is as equally important when carrying a baby.

Benefits of drinking WaterBaby:

  • RDA of Folic Acid (400mg) in 1 bottle
  • B6 and B12 calcium & zinc
  • Helps aid overall hydration
  • Palatable option during morning sickness
  • Suitable for vegetarians
  • Developed and improved by food scientists
Now seeing as it is a little late for me to roadtest the drink, I asked my friend Chrissie with her beautiful bump to try the drink!



I asked Chrissie her thoughts on the drink:

"I loved the packaging and label and the brand name and if I saw this in a shop I would be instantly drawn to it. The colour of the water put me off slightly as it looks like watered down lemon cordial but it tasted nice. It did have a slight medicinal taste to it, but I'm guessing that's due to all the vitamins its packed with but it would be even better if  vitamin D was included as this too is highly important during pregnancy. Great drink which promotes healthy lifestyle and intake of Folic Acid during pregnancy"

Definitely worth a try if your sporting a beautiful bump.

http://mywaterbaby.com/

£9.99 for a 7-day pack
£29.99 for a 28-day pack
SHARE:
© MUM & TONIC. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig